Barefoot’s “Lexington” is an innovative dressage saddle. It is made from soft nubuck leather and it has a stirrup leather attachment that can be positioned as needed. It also has flexible V-rigging, and a wedge-shaped VPS system underneath the seat. This is important! The “Lexington” is made for high-withered, sporty horses. The knee rolls can be adjusted with velcro.
This saddle lets the rider feel every movement of the horse’s back and his muscles, thus creating a sound foundation for subtle persuasion. Since the stirrup attachment can be adjusted, the saddle can easily be adjusted to your personal needs and measurements. Since the VPS system is wedge-shaped, the seat is raised in the rear, enabling a straight position for the rider. This is even further supported by the distinct knee-roll.
The rigging is flexible and runs in a V-form. This allows the saddle to be girthed straight even when the girthing area is difficult. Compared to standard dressage saddles, the “Lexington” is placed further forward on the horse’s back, positioning the rider directly above the horse’s centre of gravity. The horse can thus more easily balance the rider’s weight.
Thanks to the long and slightly wider flap and well formed knee-rolls, the rider’s leg is securely positioned in a dressage position. Underneath this support, additional knee-rolls (which are included in two different sizes) can be placed as you wish, thanks to velcro fastening. Furthermore, the knee-roll support has our “Air Pump System” that lets the air circulate, allowing the knee-roll to conform to the rider’s leg even more softly.
This saddle ensures proper support even when hacking, as well. That’s why it comes with 6 D-rings to attach your saddle blanket and luggage. As with all Barefoot saddles, the fibre glass pommel insert (size “medium”) can be exchanged.
Main features of this dressage saddle:
- Flexible in all three dimensions (X, Y, Z)
- No peak pressure on thus no reduction of back muscles
- Stirrup attachment can be positioned as needed
- Wedge-shaped VPS system
- Flexible V-rigging
- Air Pump System for extra comfort
- Adjustable knee-rolls
- Enhances subtle style of riding thanks to placing the rider close to the horse
- Weighs just about 6 kg
This dressage saddle comes in black and it is available in three different sizes and two variants.
- Size 1, short flap – smaller, narrower saddle flap, recommended for riders up to size M/L and 170 cm tall
- Size 1, long flap – longer, wider saddle flap, recommended for riders up to size M/L, 170 cm tall or taller with rather long legs
- Size 2, short flap – smaller, narrower saddle flap, recommended for riders from size L who are 170 cm tall or shorter
- Size 2, long flap – longer, wider saddle flap, recommended for riders from size L who are taller than 170 cm and have long legs
- Size 0 on order (delivery time 8-12 weeks): recommended for riders up to size S